From Fix it and Forget it 5 ingredient favorites
20 oz can cherry filling (Lite or regular)
18.25 Box Chocolate cake mix, butter style
1. Preheat slow cooker on High for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, spray interior of baking insert, designed to fit into your slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
3. In a bowl, stir together pie filling and cake mix until mix is throughly moistened. Spoon into insert.
4. Place insert into slow cooker. Cover insert with 8 paper towels. Cover slow cooker.
5. Cook on High for 1 3/4 hours. Remove paper towels and cooking lid. Continue cooking for another 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Remove baking insert from cooker. Serve cake warm directly from the insert.
Thanks to Jen in WA for this recipe.